Well this year, we’ve got several surprises in store for you. <sly grin>
We’re unveiling our biggest ever update to LibGuides – a complete and utter redesign of the LibGuides public interface.
Is it amazing? You betcha!
Do we have some spectacular new features to show you? Absolutely!
Is it, dare we say, FLASHY! Resounding Yes!
What else are we showcasing? Well, it’s a bit of a surprise and we’re keeping it under wraps. Want to get in the know? Come by Booth #563 and get FLASHED by Springshare. Will there be an impromptu Flash Mob? We aren’t opposed.
Trying to find us in the Exhibit Hall? We’re at the end of hall where the fun begins. Look for us near the ‘What’s Cooking’ stage.
SpringyCamp: Springovation may be over, but the ideas and inspirations shared will stay with us forever! A huge THANK YOU goes out to all of the presenters and attendees who participated - thanks for making this the largest and most fun SpringyCamp to date.
Recordings of our two-day extravaganza are now online! Check out presentations you missed, relive the experience, and participate in the conversation in our session discussion boards.
Some might say that we’re a tad psychic here at Springshare. Others might say we’re a bit wackadoo. In fact, both of these groups are right! When we heard that Google is retiring their RSS feed aggregator tool, Reader, on July 1st 2013 we weren’t a bit surprised. We anticipated that something like this might happen when we started noticing issues with the way Google was processing feeds last year and that’s why we moved all of our RSS processing within LibGuides to an in-house system rather than being based upon Google Reader.
What does this mean for your LibGuides system? Absolutely nothing! Your LibGuides RSS box type will remain unaffected by Google Reader’s shutdown. Our powers of psychic detection are strong. And yes, we do know what number you’re thinking of. It’s seven right?! <wink>
Some of you might rely on Google Reader for personal use – feeding your Springshare Support Blog into your Reader accounts so you can always stay up-to-date on all the Springy-happenings. Just so you don’t miss all the latest & greatest, bring your Springshare Support Blog subscription with you when migrating into a new feed aggregator tool. Or, sign-up for email alerts! Just navigate to support.springshare.com and input your email address. Blammo! It’s that easy.
Now, where did we put that crystal ball?!
We’re seeking SpringyCamp proposals and there are only two days left to get your submission in!
What is SpringyCamp, you’re probably asking yourself! SpringyCamp is Springshare’s bi-annual virtual conference where you can learn how colleagues from around the world are using Springshare tools. Springshare4Everyone is this year’s conference theme and we’re looking for submissions on how you’re using Springshare products – easy peasy!
Submit your proposal by March 10th.
A Librarian’s Guide to Etiquette posted a great blog item this week on the hilarity of creating the perfect LibGuides Profile picture. All jokes aside, we’ve heard from many libraries that adding a profile pic really *does* increase patron familiarity and comfort level when approaching librarians. So picking a good picture is important – and here’s why.
- We all call 1-800 customer service numbers and chat online with nameless faceless support. Interacting with the library should be different. It should be relationship-building.
- Patrons hear the message “this is your library”. With your profile pic, you’re connecting with them as their librarian. Your Library. Your Librarian.
- Library Anxiety – your profile picture can help to reduce this very real issue. They already know what you look like, so approaching the reference desk is less inhibiting.
Plain and simple – you’re letting users know who you are. That you work at *their* library and you’re there for them.
Poll time! What’s your current profile picture?
SpringyCamp – Focusing on UX may be over but you can still join us ’round the campfire. SpringyCamp recordings are now available! We’ve recorded each presentation separately so you can pick and choose which sessions you’d like to watch!
- Download presenter PowerPoints;
- Use Pru’s integrating LibGuides with Blackboard code;
- Contact presenters with your questions;
- Participate in our active discussion boards.
SpringyCamp – Focusing on UX: Understanding & Meeting the Needs of the User
Date: November 8th, 2012
Time: Tentatively scheduled from 1:00pm-4:30pm EST (subject to change)
Cost: Completely, 100% free!
Program Outline: Currently calling for presenters! Submit your proposal now!
Program Level: Designed for All Audiences
Register & Learn How Libraries are Using Springshare Products to:
- Meet users where they are;
- Understand their needs;
- Provide an outlet for user-driven content/services/resources;
- Capture user experiences or assess library success;
- Reduce the degrees of separation between the library and the user;
- Ways to streamline work for library staff while still meeting users where they are;
- …and more!
How Do I Register?
- Registration is as easy as 1,2,3
- Our first SpringyCamp, April 2012, was so popular our registration ‘sold out’ in less than 24hours. In an effort to ensure that as many libraries can attend, we are limiting registration to one per institution.
- Does your library have multiple branches / campuses / buildings? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered!
- Please be sure to read our instructions regarding registration here!
Good afternoon SpringyFans! It’s not a conversation unless you hear from us and we’re hearing from you. This post covers just that!
Hearing from Us:
Check out the latest edition of SpringyNews – Going for Gold. The 2012 Summer Olympics, but our opening ceremony featuring LibAnalytics will dazzle and impress anyone looking to solve their data dilemmas. Our Olympians, Jenica Rogers and Stephanie Rollins share their real-life stories of how they’re using LibAnalytics to improve and streamline their libraries. Also, be sure to check out fan favorites Springy Tips & Tricks and our latest Product Updates! Borrowing the Olympic motto, Springshare supports “Swifter Service, Higher Standards, Stronger Statistics!”
Hearing From You:
SpringyCamp is back y’all and we’re looking for presenters for our November, 2012 Virtual Conference on Focusing on UX (User Experience): Understanding & Meeting the Needs of Users. So we want to know:
- How are you using Springshare Products to:
- Meet users where they are?
- Understand their needs?
- Provide an outlet for user-driven content/services/resources?
- Capture user experiences or assess library success?
- Reduce degrees of separation between the library and the user?
- How are you making it easier/faster/efficient for library staff to meet user needs?
- How are you able to streamline work for the library while still meeting the needs of the users?
Program Level: Designed for all Audiences
Note: Springshare understands that your time is precious. Therefore, selected presenters will receieve an honorarium for their time and effort. It’s our way of saying thanks!
Interested? Submit your proposal today!
Are you an agent of change? A harbinger of innovation? A cutting-edge rawking pioneer? The most integrating’est integrator the biblioworld has ever seen!?
If you answered yes to any of the above – then SpringyCamp wants you!
- Integrated Springshare products in cool & innovative ways!
- Integrated your Springshare content in outside systems (Facebook, CMS, LMS & More!).
So what are you waiting for? Submit your proposal NOW!
Today is an exciting day! We are announcing a new feature as part of our Lounge Extreme Makeover – Groups!
What are Groups? Groups are micro-communities where you can easily share ideas, get questions answered and discuss strategies with like-minded peers. We’ve created 10 Groups, so far – feel free to join as many Groups as you’d like where you’ll become part of a community interested in the same themes and topics!
How do I join a group?
Simple! Just click on the Groups tab at the top of the Springsharelounge.com Website and you’ll see a listing of all of the groups. Click on a group that interests you, read the description and click the JOIN button on the right-side. That’s it – easy peasy!
Once I’ve Joined a Group – What Now?
Get the conversation-ball rolling! Post a Group Discussion Forum or send a message to the Group. Leave a comment on the Group’s wall or scroll through a list of all of the Group members and chat with people one-on-one. It’s all easy with Groups!
Last, but not least, these Groups are designed with YOU in mind. What does that mean? Well, it means that if you have an idea for a Group and want to be the Group Leader – let us know!
All the best,
The Springshare Team